What is the advantage of a meeting with neutral professionals?
- Separation is not just a legal issue; it involves changes in relationships and finances. You will meet with financial, family and legal professionals in one visit.
- You and your partner will hear the same information at the same time.
- After this meeting you will be in a position to move ahead with professionals who support your goals.
Why would I not just start with a lawyer?
- Typically you and your partner would have to meet with two separate lawyers to get legal information as a lawyer can only represent one of you in negotiations. If each of you saw a lawyer for one hour your individual costs could range from $300.00 to $500.00 per person.
- Without hearing both perspectives (yours and your partner’s) a lawyer may not have sufficient information at an initial meeting to advise you on realistic outcomes.
- Aside from costs, by each seeing different lawyers before choosing the settlement process best suited to your family, you may inadvertently eliminate certain process options.
Do we have to meet with you in person?
- It is our preference to meet with you in person. Depending on your location and needs we can also arrange a conference call.
- We offer early evening appointments weekly.
How much will the session cost?
- Our goal is to make this service affordable to as many separating couples as possible and as such we are offering an introductory rate of $350 plus HST for a two hour meeting with all three professionals.
What do I need to bring to the meeting?
- In advance of the meeting we will ask you to review our Acknowledgement and Consent agreement and to complete an information form to bring to our meeting.
- No other written documentation is required.
Can I come alone?
- One of the benefits of an Early Neutral Information meeting is that both of you get the same information and hear the responses to each other’s questions.